Monday 19th August
Session 1: Heathland management, restoration
- K. Ibe, W. Härdtle & D.C. Walmsley
Heathlands under Global Change – The Importance of Provenance and Interaction Effects
- P. Sewerniak & R. Puchałka
Effect of topography on groundcover species composition on inland dunes: a comparative study of heathlands and pine mono-stands from N Poland
- E. Marcos, S. Huerta, R. Pinto, D. Beltrán & L. Calvo
Resilience of soil parameters after long-term perturbations in some of the most southerly heathlands in Europe.
- H. Lee, L.G. Velle, I. Althuizen, S. Haugum & V. Vandvik
Soil carbon storage of coastal heathlands in Norway under different management practices
Session 2: Heathland species conservation
- N E Scott & M. Sheehy Skeffington
Are the rare heathers of the west of Ireland and south-west Britain really native?
- K.A. Haysom, J.W. Wilkinson, B. Limburn & J. Foster
Factoring reptiles and amphibians into heathland management
- J.J. Vogels, K. Huskens & M.F. Wallis De Vries
Arthropod responses to choppering and high-intensity grazing as alternatives to sod-cutting in wet heath: medium term effects
- C.J. Kelly, I. Hughes, P. Merrett, A. Whitehouse, H. Smith, D. Heaver
Conservation of the Ladybird spider on the Dorset Heaths
- R.R. Hansen, J. Offenberg, M.T. Strandberg, K.E. Nielsen, Schmidt, I.K.
Don’t take ants for granted: Traditional management have negative impacts on ant communities
- M.T. Strandberg, R.R.H. Hansen, K.E.N. Nielsen, J.O.A.F. Offenberg, C.K.J. Kjær & P.B.S. Sørensen
Heathland blues - Potential risk for heathland butterflies from traditional management
Tuesday 20th August
- C. Olmeda
European Dry Heaths Action Plan
Wednesday 21st August
Session 3: Heathlands and visitors
- I.A. Diack, P.S. Jones & D. Spray
Natural dynamics and heathland management
- C.C.F. Dictus
Crowded Flanders, too heated for heathland...?
- C. Panter & D Liley
Visitor patterns on southern heathlands in the UK: overview of recent findings and thoughts for future directions
- L. Calvo, R. Tárrega, S. Suárez-Seoane, L. Valbuena, A. Taboada, E. Marcos
From wildfires to prescribed fires: resilience of heathlands under different fire regime parameters.
- J. Fagúndez, L. Lagos, C.V. Muñoz-Barcia, C. Blanco-Arias & C.R.A. Diaz-Varela
Wild ponies in mountain heathlands landscapes in the Xistral Mountains, NW Spain.
- A. Diaz, T. Branston, D. Brown, M. Brown, V. Brayford, J. Bone, K. Hodder, P. Gillingham, S. Lake, R. Stafford, A. Uzal, K. Winch.
Monitoring landscape-scale grazing by large mammals as a tool for enhancing heathland biodiversity
Friday 23rd August
Session 4: Heathland monitoring and new technologies
- I. Alonso, G. Picton-Phillips & D. Heaver
Exploring wide-spectrum drone use on heathland ecosystems
- W. Oxford & J. Caudery [presented by G. Llewellyn]
Open Source Data and Remote Sensing to Support Heather Moorland Management
- Lake & C. Kelly
Working across site boundaries to save vulnerable heathland species in Dorset’s Heathland Heart
- K. Nagels, P De Becker & C. Herr
Restoration of Nardus grasslands on the military area Kamp Beverlo
- Kowal, M.I. Bidartondo, K. Field, G. Hoysted, J. Duckett, S. Pressel
Above and Below: Vegetation Ecology on Heathlands
- R.M. Buttenschøn
Deer grazing at heathlands
- J. Jasińska & P. Sewerniak
Effect of slope aspect on characteristics of litterfall in dune heathlands of the Toruń Basin (N Poland)
- J.R. Cox & C.E. Bealey
Bracken’s place in the heathland landscape – the composition, extent and management of bracken dominated vegetation in the New Forest.
- Phalp, L., Brayford, V., Harris, L., Inglebright, Z., Khanom Ali, H., Parasiliti, M., Tolley, A., Lake, S., Stone, D., Brown, D., Diaz, A.
The Purbeck Student Environment Research Team (SERT) - A partnership for monitoring conservation management of the upcoming Purbeck Heaths National Nature Reserve.